The Aditya Birla Group Pratibha Scholarships are a remarkable initiative by the Aditya Birla Group, a prominent multinational corporation with diverse businesses. These scholarships were introduced in 2004 to provide support for the professional education of the children of the Group’s employees. Over the years, this program has assisted numerous scholars in pursuing their higher education dreams, contributing to their growth and success.
Scholarship Purpose and Coverage:
The purpose of the Pratibha Scholarships is twofold:
- Recognize and Retain Talent: These scholarships recognize and retain long-serving and meritorious employees of the Aditya Birla Group.
- Extend Support Beyond Work: The scholarships extend support beyond the employees by benefiting their families, particularly their children, in their pursuit of higher education.
The scholarship package covers a significant portion of academic fees and other associated costs for professional courses. The specific scholarship amounts vary based on the stream of education:
- IIMs/XLRI: INR 1,50,000 per annum.
- IITs/BITS Pilani: INR 3,00,000 per annum.
- Law: INR 1,80,000 per annum or actual fees at the lower of the two, whichever is applicable.
Both the employee and the student applying for the scholarship must meet the following criteria: Employee Criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years of continuous work experience within the Aditya Birla Group by August 31, 2018. For acquired companies, service with the acquired company before acquisition is considered as service with the Group.
- Permanent employee status in JB11 and above (Managerial cadre) in each business.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed 28 years as of August 31, 2018.
- Admission to a professional course in a top-quality institute (top 50 in the country).
- Consistent good academic record.
- Confirmation of admission to the proposed course (waitlisted students are ineligible).
Application Process and Evaluation:
- Employees can apply online through the Aditya Birla Group website.
- The application, along with relevant documents, must be submitted to the Dean by the specified deadline.
- A Group Scholarship Committee evaluates the applications based on the student’s track record, academic excellence, and the chosen course of study.
- Equal weightage is given to both employee and student performance during evaluation.
Selection Process and Interview:
- A limited number of students are shortlisted based on evaluation results.
- Shortlisted candidates are interviewed by a panel of distinguished luminaries and academicians.
- Interviews are held in Mumbai, with accommodation, travel reimbursement, and an allowance provided to the candidates.
Scholarship Renewal and Performance Assessment:
- The performance of scholars is closely monitored for renewal.
- Ongoing assessment includes qualitative and quantitative parameters such as academic excellence, leadership, assignments, forum participation, and an experience-sharing write-up.
The Aditya Birla Group Pratibha Scholarships symbolize the group’s commitment to education, talent recognition, and holistic growth. By empowering employees’ children to pursue higher education and nurturing their talents, the Aditya Birla Group contributes to the development of future leaders who can make a positive impact in various fields. This scholarship program not only provides financial support but also encourages academic and personal excellence, ultimately enriching both the scholars’ lives and the communities they serve.